An Overview on Different Types of Teeth Whitening Treatments
March 15, 2021
Everybody wishes to have a beautiful smile, but unfortunately, our teeth lose their shine and brightness with time. According to the American Academy of Cosmetic dentistry, teeth whitening has become one of the most commonly requested procedures. So, here we would look at some different types of treatments done on our teeth.
Teeth have small pores in them and they cannot push back substances like any other solid items. Hence, when you consume food and drinks, it gets stuck in these small pores and with years they cause staining of teeth.
There are many over-the-counter products available in the market for whitening treatment. However, out of these many options which one is best suitable for you is something that you need to decide. One option among them is teeth whitening at home by using following products:
- Whitening Toothpaste – This is made of baking soda, abrasives, and chemicals. These products help to polish teeth and give a reflective appearance by removing surface stains from your teeth. It may take several weeks to get the result.
- Teeth Whitening Strips – This includes strips, brushes, and trays. The strips usually contain peroxide, which bleaches your teeth for deep cleaning. This may take one to two weeks to get the result.
- Natural Remedies – This may include eating healthy and avoid foods and beverages, which causes harm your teeth. Also, you need to brush, floss, and rinse your mouth regularly twice a day. Avoiding smoking or tobacco will also be a big help to your teeth. There are also certain abrasives such as baking soda, charcoal, and coconut oil, which might sometimes help.
Another option is to take the help of a professional for teeth whitening. Visiting your dentist’s office will help you understand the different methods they use. One teeth whitening near me is Smile Arts Of New York. They have a highly trained team with the latest cosmetic technology, which gives their clients the best of the services.
- Take-home kits – This includes ready-made kits or custom-made trays, which can be used at home just like the whitening strips. This takes one to two weeks to get the results, but it depends on the amount of bleach used in it.
- Zoom Teeth Whitening – This includes 25% hydrogen peroxide with the help of a special lamp. The results here can be seen immediately.
- Boost – This includes hydrogen peroxide-based bleaching gel, which is applied to your teeth. Here no special light is used and the result is quick too.
- Veneers – These are traditional bleaching methods that will remove stains. This will take two to three weeks to get the result.
Always make sure that you take your dentist’s help in any such cases. Sometimes these stains occur due to some other dental problems like the pulp of the teeth might have got infected. In such situations, only your dentist can recommend you some best treatment instead of you using any over-the-counter teeth whitening products.