Don’t Let Everyday Stress Bog You Down and Curb Your Work Productivity – Use CBD
April 24, 2020
CBD is touted as a miracle drug and offers a truckload of medicinal benefits. One popular reason people use CBD is to get rid of stress. Did you know stress is a normal reaction that is designed to help us? Stress response signals our brain about a life-threatening situation and helps us react accordingly.
When we face a life-threatening situation, the brain recognizes it and releases hormones to adrenal glands. This in turn pumps stress hormones which signals us to either fight the situation or seek safety. Moderate levels of stress are actually beneficial. It leaves us with more energy and focus. However, the stress we face in our day to day life is very different.
What if we find ourselves stressed often?
We feel stressed out even when we face situations that aren’t life-threatening which leaves us more anxious, less motivated and less productive at work. Long-term stress affects physical and mental health. Gradually it takes control of your life. Lately many are handling stress using CBD. For immediate relief from stress you could try CBD vape oil from JustCBD store.
They are a popular CBD manufacturer in the United States owing to their high-quality CBD products. Check out their catalogue, choose your favorite vape oil flavor and place your order today. Stress can affect the quality of your life and CBD comes in handy to cut down the side effects associated with stress. The side effects of stress include:
- Improper sleep-wake cycle since adrenals burn out
- Immune system is affected and we are easily susceptible to cold and flu
- There is a spike in the blood sugar levels for weeks
- Digestive system becomes inflamed
- High blood pressure
How does CBD help with stress?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one among the 100 cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. It is a non-psychoactive component and is found to have therapeutic effects. CBD works by interacting with our body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS). The endocannabinoid system has receptors which regulate balance of functions like mood, sleep, appetite, pain etc. CBD’s effects include:
- Improves hypothalamic function: The receptors in hypothalamus scan the cortisol (stress hormone) levels in the blood. It signals the adrenal glands to curb the production of cortisol when there is an increase in cortisol level. Chronic stress affects hypothalamus’s ability to detect cortisol level increase and CBD counteracts this.
- Prevents oxidative damage: Oxidative damage results when there is a buildup of free radical particles due to the increased metabolic activity and high blood sugar caused by stress. When a person relaxes, the buildup clears. The antioxidant properties of CBD help in neutralizing these radical molecules when under chronic stress.
CBD serves as an effective supplement for stress. Make sure you purchase only high-quality organic hemp products to get the most out of CBD. Practice stress management techniques like meditation, exercise, switching from coffee to tea and/ or using adaptogenic herbs in addition to taking CBD for better and quick results.